Want to join our team?
Learn more about our culture, values and what it’s like to be part of the Precision Group family.
Precision Group is an international distributor of telecommunications technology. We are a privately owned firm focused on innovative technology design and manufacturing with a service-based philosophy and a customer facing approach to business. Our custom solutions address a variety of needs in the Fiber Optic, DC Power, UPS, and standby power markets and compliment FTTx, wireless, and wireline applications. Our dedicated team is focused on the development and implementation of customized solutions that meet current needs and are engineered to anticipate future network requirements. Our commitment to product quality, superior service, and flexible customization to meet and exceed customer expectations makes Precision Group a leader in the industry.
The Sales Engineer reports to the Vice President of Sales and is responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process. They work with the sales and engineering teams to technically advise on the sales of products. It is a sales engineer’s responsibility to explain the technical and functional aspects of a product or service to users. Additionally, the Sales Engineer is responsible for all aspects of product application support, coordinating customer projects and addresses specific client application needs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducting in-depth product demonstrations of products/services
- Presenting the product and all features to customers at events such as conferences and seminars
- Assist in negotiating contract terms for customer projects
- Serves customers by identifying their needs and engineering adaptations of products, equipment, and services.
- Identify current and future customer service requirements by establishing personal rapport with active and potential customers to understand their service requirements.
- Provides product, service, or equipment technical and engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Troubleshooting common client technical issues.
- Communicating customer requirements to product management, engineering, and sales teams
- Traveling throughout all sales territories
- Providing advanced training and support for the sales team and distributors
- Provide technical and application engineering support to sales, marketing and clients on all products.
- Accountability. Participate in weekly team meetings and monthly safety meetings.
- Personal development. Participate in at least 4 annual training sessions, in person or on-line, related to field of work.
- Contribute to preparation and manage departmental budgets.
- Problem solving
- Product knowledge, DC power supplies, SLA batteries, lithium batteries, fiber distribution components and solar
- Selling to customer needs
- Software requirements, intermediate Microsoft Office and PC skills
- Product development
- General software programming concepts
- Project management skills and project management system development capability required
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills are required
- Ability to effectively explain technical details in laymen’s terms required
- Hands on electronic and mechanical aptitude required
- Intermediate computer and computer networking skills required
- Valid driver license required
BA/BS University degree with a concentration in engineering. Marketing, promotions,
advertising sales, or business administration is a plus.
3 to 5 years of industry sales experience in Telecommunications preferred
- Ability to accurately see and determine colors
- Ability to stand or sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive motions for extended periods of time
- Ability to safely handle electronic devices
- Ability to lift and carry up to fifty pounds
- May be exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicular traffic
- May be exposed to a wide range of temperatures
- May be exposed to occasional high noise levels Compensation and Benefits
- Annual salary plus employee health benefits after ninety days of employment. Company bonus payment and sales commission plans.
Domestic travel 50%